About Mike Daub
… grew up in Erie, Pennsylvania.
… attended Iroquois High School.
… earned two bachelor’s degrees in Mathematics and Physics at Penn State.
… earned a master’s degree in Physics at UC Berkeley.
… studied experimental cosmology and worked on the ACBAR project in grad school.
… worked five summer seasons at Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station, Antarctica.
… received the Antarctica Service Medal.
… taught physics and mathematics courses in California, Pennsylvania, and New York.
… is a life member of the National Rifle Association.
… enjoys playing poker.
… is an ordained minister in the Church of the Latter-Day Dude.
… keeps his mind limber by taking courses on edX and Coursera.
… drinks his coffee black.
Recommended Educational Resources
- Khan Academy: Free online educational materials
- MIT OpenCourseWare: Free online course materials from MIT
- MathWorld: Extensive mathematical resource from Wolfram
- Wolfram Demonstrations Project: Interactive demonstrations for use with free Wolfram CDF Player
- ComPADRE: Network of free online physics resource collections
- PhET: Fun, interactive, research-based simulations of physical phenomena from the University of Colorado
- PhysicsCentral: Educational website from the American Physical Society
- NASA Wavelength: Educational resources from NASA
- MERLOT: Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching from California State University System
- Code.org: Computer Science Educational Website